The Hope Institute for Children and Families respects the privacy of every individual who visits www.thehopeinstitute.us (“Web site”). This notice explains our online information practices. Because your privacy is important to us, we provide you with notice and choices about the collection and use of your information. By visiting The Hope Institute at www.thehopeinstitute.us, you accept the practices described in this Privacy Notice.
We collect two types of information:
- Standard Web Usage information. General traffic, site usage, browser information and length of stay information is collected and stored internally. Such information helps us to improve the performance and content of our web pages.
- Personal information. We do not collect personally identifiable information from you unless you provide it to us voluntarily and knowingly. If you volunteer, participate in an event, donate or enroll in our email updates, for example, we may collect the following information: first and last name, street address, city, state, zip code, telephone number, email address, and subject of inquiry. In addition, other necessary information may be collected to complete activities such as contributions or event registration.
We limit the use of information provided to us on our Web site to the following:
- If you do not make a service request, donation, registration, or otherwise identify yourself, we will have no personally identifiable information about you. We will only use aggregate information derived, in part, from your use of our site to improve our site and our service to you.
- If you provide personal information, we may enter your name into our constituent database and contact you in order to:
- Supply you with information including related health news, The Hope Institute programs, events and services.
- Request voluntary time or monetary contributions to The Hope Institute.
- Request your participation in surveys, studies or related activities.
- We collect the email addresses of those who communicate with us by email. Inquiries may be forwarded to the appropriate Hope Institute program or department for response and may be entered into our constituent database. If your name is entered into the database, we may contact you (see (2) above).
Your information is privileged and confidential and will not be shared or released to any organization or business entity other than those affiliated with or working in conjunction with The Hope Institute as follows:
- We occasionally make our constituent names and postal addresses available to other reputable non-profit organizations. We have found this to be the most cost-effective method of increasing our database of potential constituents and hope that you value the information they send you. Your name is only available to these carefully screened organizations for a limited time and it is de-identified, such that it is not associated with The Hope Institute for Children and Families. Other organizations will not have continued access to your name and address unless you choose to respond to their initial mailing. We do not share email addresses.
- We occasionally hire other companies to provide limited services on our behalf. We will only provide those companies the information they need to deliver the service and prohibit them from using that information for any other purpose.
We respect your privacy and allow you to restrict internal and external sharing of your personal information. We recognize that you may wish to limit the ways in which we contact you and we offer the following options:
- Do not contact me by telephone.
- Do not contact me by postal mail.
- Do not contact me by email.
- Do not share my contact information with other non-profit organizations.
- Do not contact me with fundraising requests supporting The Hope Institute.
- Limit your fundraising appeals to semiannual solicitations only.
- Do not contact me or share my information with anyone.
For more information on how to inform us of any desired restrictions, please send an email to email@example.com. If you contact us with an opt-out request, all reasonable efforts will be taken to ensure that you will not receive any of the selected communications from us in the future. If you do not wish to opt out at this time, you may do so at a later date should you so desire.
If you opt back into a specific service, you will receive communication in that manner; regardless of your overall opt out selections. These services may include newsletter subscriptions or email communication by asking a question using “Contact Us.”
We are committed to protecting the security of your personal information and to honoring your choices for its intended use. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we strive to maintain physical, electronic, and administrative safeguards.
We process your financial transactions securely using strict security standards. Examples of our security measures include: physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards; documented security policies; use of strong encryption (e.g., SSL) for transmissions of Order Information to and from our credit card processor; restricted access of personally identifiable information; and, periodic security audits.
Our staff and volunteers are educated about the importance of safeguarding your information and we are committed to holding them accountable for protecting your confidentiality. However, such precautions do not guarantee that our Web site is invulnerable to all security breaks. The Hope Institute makes no warranty, guarantee, or representation that the use of our Web site is protected from viruses, security threats, or other vulnerabilities and that your information will always be secure.
Whenever The Hope Institute permits an external third party to access personally-identifiable information, appropriate procedures are followed to help ensure that the information is used only for authorized purposes and by authorized persons in a manner consistent with the choices Hope Institute constituents have made under this statement, and that the security, integrity and privacy of the information is maintained. While The Hope Institute will employ procedures to help ensure that your information is only used for authorized purposes as described above, we cannot make any guarantees with respect to the actions or policies of such third parties.
Links Within Our Web Site
Our privacy policies apply only to your use of The Hope Institute Web site. This site contains links to other sites, including sites that have a special relationship with us. We do not disclose personally identifiable information to those operating linked sites and we are not responsible for their privacy practices. Links to other sites do not imply an endorsement of the materials or policies on those Web sites. You should read the privacy policies of each site you visit to determine what information that site may be collecting about you.
The Hope Institute for Children and Families
15 East Hazel Dell Lane
Springfield, IL. 62712