Located on Chicago’s Near West Side, The Hope Institute Learning Academy is a unique partnership between The Hope Institute and Chicago Public Schools. Opened in September, 2009, this K-5 elementary school is a place where children receive an individualized education suited to their specific needs and where diverse learners with a variety of learning styles all succeed.
Vision and Mission
The mission of The Hope Institute Learning Academy is to create a learning environment that supports students to achieve optimally, regardless of socioeconomic background, learning style, or disability.
The vision of The Hope Institute Learning Academy is to create a demonstration school that serves to change the way that children are educated in Chicago by the responsible inclusion of diverse learners within the general education classroom.
• Opened in 2009 with grades K-3
• Currently serving grades K-5
• 250,000 square feet of bright classroom space in a completely updated physical plant
• Fully-staffed library
• Learning garden
• Chicago Blackhawk sensory gym
• Community health center serving students and their families
• Full-time clinical staff including speech therapists, social workers, applied behavioral analysts, nurses and occupational therapists
• Outstanding after school programming
The Hope Institute Learning Academy is proud of its academic leadership. Click here to read the biographies of our key administrators.
Visit The Hope Institute Learning Academy
Questions? Please contact HILA’s Parent & Community Liaison:
Victoria Vann at (773) 534-7405